Candy Apple Macaroons – Source
- 2 1/2 cups shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 1/2 granny smith apples – 1 apple shredded and 1/2 of the other apple blended
- 1/3 cup almond butter
- 3 tbsp almond flour
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp natural almond flavor
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 325F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicon baking mat.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine all ingredients and mix until fully incorporated.
- Form mixture into golf-ball-sized balls, place on prepared cookie sheet and flatten just slightly.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes [mine were perfect at 14 minutes] or until golden.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes before enjoying.