Simple Black Bean Burgers – Source
- 1 19oz/540ml can of organic black beans
- 1 teaspoon ginger puree
- 3 teaspoons garlic puree (or 1 teaspoon garlic powder)
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 – 1 1/2 cups panko, bread crumbs, or crushed Vegetable Thins
1. Drain the can of beans and pour them and all other ingredients except the panko/breadcrumbs into a blender/food processor (or Magic Bullet) and mix until a slightly chunky puree is achieved.
2. Move the mixture to a bowl and hand stir in the Panko until the puree becomes dry and can easily make patties. You don’t want it to be too wet or it won’t stick together. Add more as needed, but don’t get carried away!
3. Use your hands to make burger sized patties. (It’s really a lot easier than I thought, they don’t fall apart hardly at all!)
4. Put some oil or in your pan and cook those suckers on medium heat for 3-4 minutes each side, or until medium to dark brown. (Time may vary depending on the thickness of your patties. Just go with your gut, you don’t have to worry about under cooking them and killing anyone by mistake. I’ve found 3-4 minutes to be perfect.)
Add whatever toppings (spinach!) & condiments you want and ENJOY!